This is a fundraising event for Fuquay-Varina Downtown Association (FVDA) and features all the things people LOVE about North Carolina…BBQ, Blues, Bluegrass Music and Craft Beer!! Guests are encouraged to visit all contestants to sample delicious BBQ, savor a great & unique selection of craft beers and enjoy a variety of blues and bluegrass music provided by our event partners.
Location: Historic Varina district (Stewart Street, Ransdell Street, and portions of Broad Street)
Parking: Locations throughout Varina! Please park in event parking at the following locations only.
- F-V High School (Broad Street)
- Ample Storage (Fayetteville Street)
- Old Gold Leaf Tobacco Warehouse (North Street)
- Draft Line Brewing Company (Broad Street)
Tasting Tickets – Event and Ticket sales will start at 2:00PM.
- $10 Tasting Tickets: Allows you to “Taste” 10 BBQ’s samples; (2 oz. samples) of your choice. You can buy as many $10.00 tickets as you think your stomach can take! 🙂
- Vote for your favorite BBQ! People’s Choice Votes from 1-5pm! 5:30pm winners wil be announced!
- FVDA Information tent and water sales tent are located in the front lot of Stephens.
- Ticket Sales Tents are located in the front lot of Stephens.
- No REFUNDS! When the BBQ runs out, we are OUT!
- Plan Ahead!! Tickets generally sell out EARLY!
- Non-alcoholic beverages will be available at beverage tents located in the contest zones.
Bands Schedule – 2:00 – 6:30 PM
- No dogs are allowed per town ordinance. Please leave them in the comfort & safety of your own home.
- Anyone purchasing beer must be 21 years or older and required to show a valid photo ID to each beer provider.
BBQ Cook-Off Winners!
- Winners will be announced at 6:30 PM at the Stephens Stage
- A panel of 5 judges will choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners through a blind judging process. Prize money is $1000 / $500 / $300
- The People’s Choice winner will be awarded to the Cook Team receiving the most votes during the contest. Voting ends at 5:00pm. The winner receives a Trophy.
We encourage all attendees to enjoy the event and to eat & drink responsibly. Several options for alternate travel home will be available. Please see all beer vendor sales locations, and Safe Ride Home’s vendor table on Ransdell street.